(KENORA, ON) On Tuesday May 3, 2016 at approximately 7:00 a.m, members of the Kenora Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) received a complaint of several stolen vehicles from a business on Highway 658. Police learned that there were 3 All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV) and 2 Utility Terrain Vehicles (UTV) stolen from Highway 658 and entry was gained into the business.
At approximately 8:00 a.m, police received a second report of stolen vehicles from a contracting business on Highway 17 west. There was a pick-up truck and trailer stolen from that location. There was also an estimated of $100,000 of tools in the pick-up truck. The thefts occurred sometime between 12:30 a.m and 5:00 a.m on May 3, 2016.
The stolen vehicles are described as:
- 2006 Silver Ford F450, Ontario licence plate AC5224. The pick- up truck has chrome push bars in the front, flat deck in rear with mechanic boxes. The back window has a sticker on the bottom “VIKING CONTRACTORS KENORA INC.”
- 2001 white enclosed trailer is 16 feet, with Ontario licence plate Y80866. The enclosed trailer has a rounded front with stamped metal, 16 feet long
- 2016, 850 Sportsman ATV, green in colour, unplated
- 2016, 850 Sportsman ATV, camouflage in colour, unplated
- 2016, Outlaw 110 ATV, blue in colour, unplated
- 2016, RAZOR UTV, orange in colour, unplated
- 2012 RAZOR 900XR UTV, white in colour, Ontario licence plate 72YT6
There are no suspect(s) at this time and the investigation is continuing. The estimated value of stolen property is $260,000.
If anyone has any information regarding these thefts are asked to call the Kenora OPP at 1-807-548-5534 or contact Crime- stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS)
Provincial Constable Laurie Harkof
Community Services / Media Relations
Phone: (807) 548 – 5534 (office)
Fax: (807) 548 – 8381