THUNDER BAY MALE CHARGED WITH IMPAIRED DRIVING
(ATIKOKAN, ON) – Shortly before 3:30 pm on March 5, 2016 members of the Rainy River District Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were dispatched to a 911 call for a motor vehicle that was being operated in an unsafe manner on Hwy 11 in the Gehl Lake area.
Officers located the vehicle in question and conducted an investigation.
As a result of this investigation, Tyler Archie (31) of Thunder Bay has been charged criminally with:
- One count of having over 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 milliliters of blood;
- One count of impaired operation of a motor vehicle;
- One count of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle;
- One count of fail to stop at the scene of an accident;
- Two counts of fail to comply with recognizance.
Archie was held for bail and will appear in Fort Frances Provincial Court to answer to these charges on Monday March 7, 2016 at 9:30 am.
The OPP is committed to safety for all who utilize Ontario’s roadways. Members of the public are urged to report Impaired Driving by calling 911 in emergency situations. Complaints of impaired, aggressive or careless driving can also be made by calling 1-888-310-1122 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- For more information on the consequences of drinking and driving, check out: